Summer of 2002


Another throwback post for you all. Since Annemarie's new song 2002 came out, I realised that this photo is from 2002 and I realised all the memories that come along with this summer. Just like in the song. 

This photo was taken on the 31st August 2002. At primrose valley, which is a Haven holiday park. My nanna and granda used to have caravans there so we where there ALL the time. I remember going every weekend. I used to take along friends and people who were family friends all the time. I remember being told that when I would take my old next door neighbour (she is basically apart of the family) I would wake her up at like 6 am just to go to the park over the road. I couldn't imagine having to do that now. I don't even know what a 6am alarm is.  

This picture was just after my 5th birthday, rocking my double denim, Adidas trainers and the blond bob.  I remember parts of this trip, I think it was the year I and my brothers including some adults all went for our birthday. Ended up spending a stupid amount of money on things in the park. I  remember getting this picture taken, I didn't want it taken but I did it anyway. I didn't always get my own way I suppose. I also remember going in a mood with everyone but that's for another post. 

This was most likely one of the last times we ever went to the park before the caravans got sold. I will go back one day but it won't be until I have kids of my own and I can experience it all over again but with them. 

I can't believe how long ago this trip actually was and how fresh it is in my memories. especially considering I can't seem to remember what happened yesterday. You don't tend to sit and think of certain years and try to remember the memories of that year. Instead, you just have flashbacks of certain times. 


What did you do in the summer of 2002?


Katie
xoxo

















Comments

Popular Posts