Missing Christmas.






It's only 4 and a bit months after Christmas and I already can't wait for Christmas 2018.

I am currently sat here with a glass of ice cold, Aldis finest coke Zero. A fan wafting somewhat of a breeze around my room to keep me and my cat cool as we bake in this 20-degree spring. Since when was spring this warm. The trees are only just starting to blossom. I am not the biggest fan of heat or summer. I can't understand why you would rather be too warm and not be able to cool down easy like you can in winter. The bugs of summer drive me insane too. We have had 3 wasps in the house already. Flies, moths etc I can just about cope with because we have a cat that eats them. But bees, wasps I hate.


I love everything about October - January, maybe February depending on how the weather is feeling. But my favourite thing is definitely Christmas. I love how cosy it is, I love decorating and I love wrapping presents.

Here are some photos of Christmas 2017.








Decorating Christmas trees is fun but also hard work if you're a perfectionist. My main tree (left) took around 2 hours. But my bedroom tree (right) didn't take long. But throughout the month that they were up, I kept noticing things that were off and in the wrong place. So I was never really finished decorating. We aim to get the trees up on 7th December, which is my nannas memorial date. When do you put your tree up?



We all have our favourite decorations in the box. Some old from when you were aged 4 or some new that are just bought or some that have been in the family longer than you've been alive.

 The first picture is a Santa bauble that used to make a noise when it moved - now not so much. I am sure this has been in the family since before I was born. It is something that originally belonged at my nanna's house but when she passed it ended up in our hands. It is something I will never get rid of and hopefully someday pass down to my kids. 

The second is something I made when I was in nursery. I remember I didn't want to do it because I was too busy doing something else. But I did it and 15+ years later I still have it and is often used as a tree topper. Mostly because we can never find a star we like. 

The third is a new decoration we got in 2017. They're sparkly snowflakes. I like these mostly because again my nanna used to have snowflake baubles that were quite similar. They're great space fillers. I hope Asda have them in again this year so I can get some more.  




Wrapping presents is my favourite. Being a creative person I have so many ideas I want to do. Pinterest doesn't help with my obsession. I love using brown paper and making my own patterns on it. Much cheaper than buying a patterned paper. Unless you're like me and bought loads when it went in the sale.




Lastly is movies. These are the Christmas DVDs I own. Surprisingly I don't own more. But with everything being online I find DVDs are getting more expensive. I tend to look in CEX every year to see what I can get for £2. My favourite is The Christmas Miracle. It isn't one many have heard of but it is such a heartbreaking and loving movie. 


I can't be the only one who hates summer and loves Christmas can I? Countdown to Christmas starts now. 


Katie 
xoxo









Comments

Popular Posts