Movie Review Monday - The Silence.




I'm someone who doesn't really watch new movies. I just never seem to want to put the effort in to putting my phone down and watching a new film. Well, new to me at least. So I decided that I want to start watching at least one new-to-me film a week. But as this is my first review please give me some credit, it might not make sense. But if I was to read a review like this I wouldn't be more likely to trust it vs the new york times reviews.

A couple weeks ago I found a movie called "The Silence" on Netflix. It is a Netflix original film. I hadn't heard any reviews on it. I didn't watch the trailer and to be honest the description that is given for the movie isn't that intriguing.

I quote or Netflix quotes,
'with the world under attack by deadly creatures who hunt by sound, a teen and her family seek refuge outside the city and encounter a mysterious cult'. I read deadly creatures and thought meh it's just going to be another world war Z type movie. Which it is similar, you have to be quiet to not be eaten, but wwz is so much better.

It took me a while to fully get interested in what was happening in it. I say a good 20 minutes it took me. For some reason, I just couldn't understand what was happening. Maybe because I didn't catch the bit where it said about one of the main characters being deaf But I have to say once I got into it I was very intrigued to see the ending. Even if It was dragged out.

 Speaking of the ending, I was expecting more to come from the ending. It reminded me a bit like the  Birdbox ending. Very abrupt, short, disappointing ending. It didn't answer the questions I had while watching the movie. For example. Will they kill them all off eventually?

Overall the movie does keep you on the edge of your seat, but does it leave an impact for the right reasons? Yes, it leaves you asking questions but it's annoying questions. lol.

3* rating as the screenplay writers are apart of the van dyke family and who doesn't love the van dykes? The actors where..actors. Some of the main actors are in (or their voices are in) some good films, like beauty and the beast. So they are some good actors in it, even if i hadn't even heard of them.


Going to try and get one every 2 weeks up. As this has already taken me ages to type up as I didn't want to give too much away. But its done. So I hope you take something from this lol and thank you for reading.



Katie,
xoxo







Comments

Popular Posts