Life In Odd Socks.




I think the true meaning of this quote is to live life to the fullest. Order that thing that you absolutely don't need but want it anyway. Go to the arcades, waste money. Have fun with friends on a beach with a BBQ at 17 years old. Don't hold grudges, get over it. Turn a negative situation into a positive one. 

Think back to my  "being happy" post when I said you shouldn't make your self-uncomfortable for another person's happiness. Life is too short to do that. Live your life with the people who want to do it with you. 

This week, my friend sadly lost someone who was close to her. Someone closer to her than I think we all knew. He was 21, 22 in May. He was said to be one of the most genuine, loving and outgoing people you would ever meet. Even though some had a love-hate relationship with him, the love was always there.  He lived by saying work hard play harder, basically work Monday-Friday sesh all weekend.  But it was more than that, it was his approach to life its self. 

I don't emotionally get involved with a lot of things, other than when it involves cats and my friends. I haven't been touched so much by an event since the Manchester attack almost one year ago. I sat up and watched the news until the sun came up. To this day I haven't let go of what happened. 

 I didn't personally know Connor who has passed away. But I am still connected via friends and stories I've been told. I will always be touched by what happens. In a way, it really shows you have to live life to the fullest sometimes. I will probably still be the boring friend who prefers to stay home, but maybe I'll stay home with a 16" pizza and a PLL box set, maybe even go over the edge and buy a tub of Ben and Jerrys. 



Rest In Peace, Connor.




Katie
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts