2017 Favourites


I know this is quite a late post but I still wanted to get this up. 

2017 was quite a year! It wasn't one of my favourite of years I've had in the last 2 decades, but  I did have some favourite items. I will try and link everything on the name of the item. 

I'm going to start off with food because food is pretty much everyone's favourite. One of the first things is more of a drink but I thought I'd still include it. That is coffee, I only started to like it in about August/September time. I do still make it quite weak, or with a syrup in like vanilla, but it has helped me power through on them tired days. The second is cinnamon buns! I love love love cinnamon, and cinnamon buns have become my life. 2 for £1 in Asda, YES PLEASE. The third is the cookies and creme chocolate from Asda. I think it tastes so much like Hershey's, which in my eyes is expensive for a chocolate bar. So finding something that tastes the same for 50p a bar makes me happy. Last but certainly not least is PIZZA!! who doesn't love pizza? Well, I know a lot of people don't like it (I don't know why). 


Next, I will do TV/MOVIES. I will also include links to the trailers of the films/tv series. The first has to be Miss Peregrines home for peculiar children. Definitely not a movie for the faint-hearted. I did find it very creepy at first, but now I love it. Next, is The BFG. as well as the animated, I have a new found love for the new CGI version. I'm not afraid to say the Giants did scare me a bit. But we all have some pathetic fears right? Next is another remake of a film, that is The Jungle Book. I was instantly hooked onto this film. I don't watch films much but this was one film I didn't go on my phone when watching and I paid full attention to it. The next film is Sully: Miracle on the Hudson. I originally put this film on just to have something on in the background as I was doing some scrapbooking. But I ended up just being hooked on this film, as well as shocked at it. Next is a tv show I think everyone has loved, that is Stranger Things. I started watching this in December so it was late in the year, it also took me a good 4 episodes to be hooked on it. But it is definitely worth the watch. The last is Teen Mom UK, not something everyone would be into but I and my friend got really into it and we can't wait for season 3. 


Next has to be Youtubers. As much as I have loved my usual loves like zoella, pointlessblog etc, I have discovered my love for much much smaller youtuber. Now I'm going to do a more in-depth post on some of the people I mention. The first two are Danielle Caralon and Joey Kidney. I have watched Danielle since she was 14/15 but in 2017 I loved her even more, especially her week in her life videos. Joey is the boyfriend of Danielle and I had watched joey before and had been subscribed to him but after the summer I began to watch his videos more and found him more relatable than I would expect. His videos are pure and honest, and he doesn't try to hide anything. the next four are family based vloggers who have children. They are, KKandBabyJ, BritneyandBaby, Jesssfam and The Ingham Family. I have loved Britney and Jess for 3/4 years but I got really into family bloggers in 2017 and the where apart of the group that I started to love. Again I am going to do a more in-depth post on the family vloggers. 

Next is makeup/beauty. In 2017 I got into makeup more but I also didn't care about wearing it on a daily basis. The first makeup item is the Revolution Flawless 3 Resurrection palette. This is the palette i used to use all the time before I got my SOPH X palette. Next is the Sleek Solstice, Highlighter palette. I got this palatte for christmas 2016 and have loved it ever since! It's the only highlighter I use. The next make up item is the BarryM lipliner in 15. I bought this for  a dupe for the MAC lipliner in Soar, and I like it more than the MAC liner. Next is a brush and its the AVON, blush brush and i use it for contour. it gives such a nice blend of powder contour with it being an angled brush. Next is more skin care and the first thing is the Garnier Micellar Water, with the pink lid. I'm sure everyone has seen this stuff and heard lots of mixed reviews. I love it and I find it takes any makeup off so so easy. It also great for spot cleaning your make up brushes to stop them from getting stained. The next thing I have been loving is the This Works- In transit camera I received this in in a glossy box in the beginning of the year, i instantly fell in love. It cleared my skin up. It also smells amazing. The last beauty item is the 111SKIN- space defense bright eye lift gel. I got this in a glossy box, again in the beginning of the year and I didn't think about using it until the summer when my under eyes started to dry up and my dark circles started to get darker. About a week after I started to use this the puffiness of my eyes had gone down, my undereye was brighter and softer! I just wish it wasn't so expensive as I loved it.

The last of my favourites is things in general. Such as baking, I have baked a lot more in 2017, which you can see over on my instagram. Waking up early was a favourite of 2017, as much as im not a morning person and I'm such a night owl. I love the feeling of waking up early and being productive. 


As I said, this is a late post but I still wanted to get it up so I can maybe take a look at the end of the year and see if i still love some of the things that I have mentioned. 


Katie 
xoxo
































Comments

Popular Posts